Monday, February 29, 2016

Herga derga doo

So this past Thursday was my second time scrimmaging on my new skates.   After a few times of attempting to put them on while wearing socks, only to have the socks bunch up and stretch and make me *very aware* of how I wasn't able to move my toes (and how much of an awkward placement my toes ended up being in every time), I said "screw it" and wore them without socks.

It went much better than I thought it would - a little bit of rubbing against my ankle, but not enough to form a blister. I might get those ankle sleeve thingies.

Beyond that, I had trouble doing quick acceleration (though that may be because of the floor, or my general attitude that day, or myriad other reasons).  I made an extra effort to turn with my trucks and not my ankles, which actually worked.  All I can do is keep on keepin' on and things will get better and better.

Now that I've completed my rules test and skating assessment, I can start collecting evaluations like a mofo.  Whee?  As I have said many times before, I have no ability to determine what other people may or may not say about me.  As I am me, and am a negative, negative person by default, I figure everyone else is the same way, and my evaluations will just be nothing but "meh" all the way through.  Oh the joy of being me.


No comments:

Post a Comment