Thursday, February 18, 2016

tournament weekend

leaving after work.  I need to finish packing.  I start out very organized - write a list of what I'll need to bring, roll everything carefully - and then it just devolves into OK I'M GOING TO THROW EVERY PAIR OF UNDERWEAR AND SOCKS I HAVE INTO THIS PLASTIC IKEA BAG AND OH, MAYBE A PAIR OF JEANS AND A T-SHIRT TOO.

Last night was my first night on the new skates in a scrimmage scenario.  They'll take some getting used to.  I had to put some moleskin on the inside of my right ankle, because when I'd make a tight left turn (jam reffing, yo) I'd push against the side of my skate and it'd get a bit owwy.  I'm going to bring them with me to the tournament, but I am bringing my old skates too, and will probably skate more on the latter than the former.  Mostly because I need my confidence to be at 100% when I'm jam reffing AND THE OTHER JAM REF IS A LEVEL 5 REFEREE.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, no pressure there. None at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment