Friday, May 29, 2015

so happenings!

I finally got around to getting a second ref jersey!  Now I just have to make a name plate and put it on it and put a WFTDA patch on it and shorten it by a few inches because it's so long ACTION SKIRT DOES NOT TWIRL.

Jam reffed last night at scrimmage.  I never noticed just how much you have to avoid falling skaters when you're jam reffing, unless last night was some sort of weird anomaly.  I sort of half-stepped/half-jumped once, ended up having to go onto the track once (all the while saying "I'M SORRY!  I'M SORRY!" to the pack I was invading) and fell either once or twice.  (Everyone was "are you okay?" and I was like I USED TO DO THAT FOR A LIVING. I'M FINE)

I really need to work on my speed - I fell behind my jammer a few times, and I had to cut the track short more than a few times.  Whee?

No comments:

Post a Comment