Tuesday, May 5, 2015

something a little different

(reffing in a bout on Friday night, either reffing or NSOing a bout on Saturday night. Both games are not local. HOORAY FOR ROAD TRIPS!)

When I played my first bout way back in November 2008, I wore knee-length shorts.  By the time I hung up my playing skates, I was wearing booty shorts with side drawstrings that I'd crank all the way up.

My ref attire is a little different - I wear a skirt.  Unfortunately, it's a hair too short for my comfort, so I'm constantly pulling it down as I skate along.

I'm somewhat handy with a sewing machine (I've made many helmet covers for our league and for others) so I've decided to try and make my own skirt.  Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but I want to put a zippered pocket in it (for my finger whistle - I'm always leaving it in random places) and my experience with pockets and with zippers is non-existent.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment