Tuesday, May 12, 2015

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Skate reffed a sanctioned game.

Wahoo!

Honestly, it was just like any other game.  I bobbled a few calls (confused my hand signals at first but eventually got them correct - in my defense, the motion the skater made with her forearms was EXACTLY THE SAME as the back block penalty call) but everyone said I did great, so yay me.

I ended up finishing the skirt I'd mentioned earlier.  I didn't put a pocket in it, because I couldn't quite figure out how to get it exactly the way I wanted, but that's something I can add later. It was perfect - flowy and not too heavy. I wore it on Saturday, as shown here:

ACTION SKIRT IN ACTION! (photo courtesy of Dark Images Photo)

You'll notice that my legs are bare.  That's 'cause, well, I kinda forgot my leggings. "NOBODY BETTER RUN INTO ME BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO FLASH* THE FANS," I said in the locker room.

Gilligan Cut to me getting run into by a jammer.

Did I mention that there's a video crew that records our bouts, and airs them on cable access TV?

Ah well.

--------------------
*I WAS WEARING UNDERWEAR, DON'T WORRY


1 comment: