Tuesday, June 27, 2017

ECDX in the books

Any sort of tournament/extravaganza weekend is invariably a roller coaster of overwhelmitude for me, both physically and emotionally, and ECDX 2017 was no exception.

I had eight games refereeing - one WFTDA regulation, two WFTDA sanctioned, one MRDA regulation, one JRDA sanctioned and three half-hour fun challenge bouts - and one as jam timer (the weekend's MVP game).  It was a lot.  I didn't make it out to the pool at all (which, in the long run, was probably a good thing as I saw many, many sunburned people).

I have to admit that the Hamilton v. Burr game was a let-down.  There weren't that many people really into the musical - the announcers hadn't seen it (they'd gotten suggestions from people on what to say on Facebook) so the references felt kinda shoe-horned in.  I had my I'M A REFEREE - WHEEEE! nameplate though, and I made an AND PEGGY for another referee, so we were representing.

I also, of course, had my Impostor Syndrome going in full force and effect. There was also the OMG I JUST OFFICIATED A GAME WITH A VERY COOL AND WELL-KNOWN REFEREE SHOULD I FACEBOOK HIM/HER OR WILL THAT JUST SEEM TOO DESPERATE GAH (I did Facebook friend them.  They accepted.)

But there was also lots of HI FRIEND YOU'RE MY FRIEND I HAVEN'T YOU IN A LONG TIME LET'S HANG OUT and we hung out.

So it's all good in the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment