Monday, June 19, 2017

did not die!

the weekend went well!  The first game was very warm and stuffy and it was hard to breathe and when my jammer was lead and calling it off I could only get out the first set of four whistles before I'd have to stop and catch my breath.  I don't know if I would've survived doing three games there; hats off to everyone who did.

The second and third games in Ithaca went well, too.  I was front IPR for the regulation game, which I've only done a few times in scrimmage but I don't think I did too horribly.  The acoustics in their venue are horrible - sound just goes up into the ceiling and disappears - so at one point I was yelling OUT OF PLAY so loud my voice actually cracked.

Then a nice afterparty with delicious drinks (bourbon + lemon juice + sugar + club soda?  Tops.) and then home again, crawling into bed at about 3:15am.

Whee!

This upcoming weekend is ECDX and I'm STUPIDLY excited for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment