Friday, February 1, 2019

so much this

"My message to any young person who might be thinking about officiating is do it," says [former referee Jeff] Triplette. "The lows, they are pretty low. But the highs, they win. The friendships and the experiences, the memories, they win. It's hard. But anything worth having or doing is hard. Why did I do it? Because I loved it."

The knee pads have been a success.  They're about 1" or so slimmer than my old pads, and they've thrown off my muscle memory a little during my crossovers. 

We've got a scrimmage tomorrow in our practice space, but it's going to be cold AF.  The temperature in there on Thursday morning was 29° (we cancel practice if it's below 32°) and I doubt the temperature has magically gone up since then.  It's kind of an important scrimmage, so I don't think it'll be canceled, but I bet a bunch of NSOs won't show up, and I don't blame them.  We have radiant heat that doesn't cover where they stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment