Wednesday, February 13, 2019

My 2019 Rulebook, ready for action


the notebook is from the Staples ARC system, the smaller "junior" size. I prefer it to three ring binders because I always have issues with them eventually not closing correctly.

I copied and pasted the text of the rules and casebook into an MS Word document, and tweaked the font/space/whatever so that there's no real wasted space (if you print the PDF in a 2 pages per sheet format, the print is really tiny and there's a lot of extra space at the bottom and top). I also space it so that there aren't any single lines/bullet points stranded at the top or the bottom of a page. (In an effort to save space, I've also removed certain graphics/headings/whatnot.) These pages are single-sided, so I can use the facing page to write notes/draw diagrams/whatever.

This process took a *long* time.

I also have the Officiating Procedures, Cues/Codes/Signals, and the StatsBook manual. Those I just printed from the PDFs, as they're not that long and there are a lot of pictures/diagrams that I need. These are double sided.

When I go to a tournament, I'll print out my schedule, as well as any officiating procedures specific to that tournament.

I made the track stickers because I suck at drawing them. I have straightaways, turns and straightaways, and full tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment