Friday, January 18, 2019

and onward we go

is the URL of this blog still accurate?  I'm beginning my fifth year of officiating, but there are definitely times I feel like a baby ref.

There were four referees at scrimmage last night, so I took a half as sole OPR.  Was told to keep an eye out for the new metric on back blocks.  Only saw one that was suspect, but I was too far away to see exactly where contact was made.

It was nice to OPR; I haven't done it since...geez, since the Cup, I think.  Got me working different skating skills, different things to watch, got me warmed up in the (barely heated) practice space nicely.

Buying new knee pads.  The ones I have are old old old (I think I got them while I was still playing) and are quite bulky.  I'm going to go with 187 Pro Derby.  Hopefully they'll work; I want something slimmer, but since I'm ancient and my knees are even ancienter, I need something with a lot of protection.  But as a referee, I don't necessarily fall as much.



No comments:

Post a Comment