Friday, March 1, 2019

games this weekend, wheeeeeee!

so in the last few weeks or so I've noticed that when I push off on my left skate, everything sort of.... shifts...somehow.  I'd check my trucks and my toestops and whatnot, but they were all firmly in place.

Last night it happened again, more pronouncedly, and I asked a few people to watch my skate as it happens.

Turn out THE WHOLE PLATE IS SHIFTING.

Fortunately, because my skates have these plates, it's not a OMG MY SKATE IS FALLING APART EEK.  I think all I have to do is tighten the screws holding the plate in.  Unfortunately, the bottom of the inside of the boot covers the screw heads.  There's an "X" cut right over each head, but the fabric is so stiff I can't pull it back to see what kind of tool I need to tighten them.  (Apparently Chaya skates are supposed to come with a "DCM Mounting Tool", but I never got one.)  Fortunately, one of my leaguemates has one, and is going to bring it tomorrow.  I hope it works, otherwise I'll have to bring out my old skates and use those, and I haven't used them in a few years.

(It also meant that last night I jam reffed off skates.  SO MUCH RUNNING.)

No comments:

Post a Comment