Monday, May 9, 2016

Games 45 and 46

It was a long day, as I'd done a garage sale beforehand.  It went pretty well, I think - I was told I made some good calls.  I think I screwed up a couple minor things, though. 

My experience with breaking in skate boots seems to go "oh, these are great" to "I'VE MADE A HORRIBLE MISTAKE" to "oh, these are prefect".  Right now I am in the second phase, alas.  My toes went completely numb by the end of the first bout, and my right skate was rubbing against my ankle any time I had to make a tight left turn (which, well, is pretty much all you do when you're jam reffing).  They're also putting pressure on my big toenails - not so much that they're turning black or in danger of falling off or anything, but it does hurt.  I don't know that relacing them would help, as the laces on Chaya boots don't start up at the toe.  I'll have to do some tinkering around with them.

I also had this for my nameplate:
the weeding....my God, the weeding
Anyway, now it's on to Beaver Fever!  Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment