Monday, June 22, 2015

a game is a thing that is a thing

So hooooooooooooooooly crap Friday's championship bout.  Their two teams with the most rabid fanbases; tons of people and a game that came down to the final jam.

NO PRESSURE, QUEENIE.

As far as I can tell, I only majorly screwed up once, when after a very very long Official Review, I started watching the wrong jammer.  Oops.  Fortunately my co-jammer ref noticed, and I quick jumped up ahead.

So that's the end of the season for the other league.  I'm *very* grateful to them for giving me the opportunity to ref with them - half the games in my referee history are with them.  I learned so much and they are very awesome.  I can't wait to work with them next season!

In other news, I've been accepted to work All 8 on the Floor, a training tournament in MA at the beginning of August.  Yay!  I've heard good things about it (mostly because one of the tournament head refs is the head ref of my league). I signed up to ref and NSO, so hopefully I will get lots of different experiences.

Not too much on my schedule for the rest of the summer, beyond maybe going to Akron in July and then All 8.  I'm tempted to put myself out for more bouts, but it would also be nice to have weekends where I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOING ON.


No comments:

Post a Comment