Monday, June 8, 2015

bout #18 in the books

I could've done better. At one point my jammer went into the penalty box and ran into an opposing skater and I just. blanked. In my  head I was thinking that was a misconduct!  you should call a misconduct!  CALL A MISCONDUCT! but I didn't do anything.  I've discovered I tend to get that way when it comes to calling something I've never called before - I freeze.

The acoustics in the venue were horrible, too - the music was crazy loud and the announcer wouldn't turn it down, fans in turns 2 and 3 had COWBELLS. I had the foresight to bring my earplugs, and I ended up using one of them.  The other jam ref would blow the four whistles on one side of the track, I'd be on the other side and not hear a thing.

My scorekeeper (who is, like, a level 4 WFTDA NSO) also helped me out with a few scoring situations I screwed up, although they were admittedly things I couldn't have noticed, like exactly when the other jammer left the box and things like that.  So I was very grateful to him.

Helping out at the other league's doubleheader playoffs on Friday.  Our league is having a doubleheader on Saturday, but I've got a family party and won't be attending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment