Thursday, September 20, 2018

T MINUS 30 DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE FOR LONDON

ZOMG LIKE EEEEEEEEEEE

Saturday I am going to NSO a game about an hour away - so is my kid!  (The game isn't WFTDA sanctioned or regulation, so there's no minimum age.)  He's pretty excited, as am I.  (I hope I don't get put as scorekeeper again.)

Fixed the straps on my elbow pads, hooray hooray.  I also cut the straps so they wouldn't flap all over the place, but instead, they're unraveling a little bit.  Oops.
--------------------
So now it's time for another Queenie Reviews Stuff.   First, it's the Sisu Go Mouthguard.

I used a few different mouthguards back when I played - a sports one that I attached to my helmet with a string of (increasingly enfilthenated) piece of elastic, one my dentist made that I think I wore twice before I got rid of it, and eventually what they now call the Aero and the Max on their website.  (Back then they were just differentiated by their thickness.)

I loved, loved, loved the thinner mouthguard.  I could talk!  I could drink water!  It came in white, so I could look like I had nice lovely teeth in pictures!

Then I became a ref, and mouthguards were not compulsory*, so I stopped wearing one.

After seeing various injuries and whatnot sustained by friends while skating, I recently started thinking I should start wearing one again.   Enter the Sisu Go!

It only goes to my canine teeth, so there's less material to go off center when you mold it (there were points with the original where it'd just go on the sides of my teeth.  It brings back memories - I still can drink, still can talk (though I've noticed that if I have to speak for an extended period of time, I do remove it).

We've got scrimmage tonight, so I'll have to see how well it works with whistles.
--------------
Our second item is Z-Clear Anti Fog Spray.  I used to wear my contact lenses exclusively while playing and reffing, until a little over a year ago.  I felt that glasses worked better with my distance vision.

Unfortunately, glasses fog up, which is where this stuff comes in.

Also unfortunately, it doesn't work at all for me.  In fact, I feel like my glasses fog up more now than they did before.  Sigh.
--------
*for some reason, "compulsory" looks like a word that should mean "voluntary"

No comments:

Post a Comment