Monday, September 10, 2018

le swing de things

Thursday night was scrimmage, and it went well - I was HR, one of our up & coming refs was JR in shoes, and a player who has expressed serious interest in officiating was the other JR.  They both did awesomely - really all it's down to with them is the nitty-gritty: positioning, personal hand signals to remember stuff - and calling penalties.  They kept asking me questions, and apologizing for asking the questions, and I kept saying DON'T EVAR APOLOGIZE FOR ASKING QUESTIONS.

I bought new elbow pads a week or two ago but need to move the Velcro on the straps - it doesn't come anywhere close to hitting the Velcro on the pad itself.  Duct tape worked the first two practices, but I need a permanent solution.

I also got a Sisu Go mouthguard.  I haven't worn a mouthguard since I started refereeing, since I feel I don't speak very clearly with a mouthguard in, but I know I really should probably wear one.  We'll see how this one works.

LEAVING FOR LONDON IN 40 DAYS ZOMFG.  I've got my plane tickets and my hotel (both in London and Birmingham).  Have my passport.  Have a plan for my luggage (I'm going to use my wheeled gear bag as my checked luggage, but when I fly over, keep my gear in a carryon bag, and then switch everything once I get there).  Making a list of things to do (seeing Hamilton on Thursday, yaaaaaaaaay).  Testing out the uniform components I'm going to wear (new jersey, bottoms, etc.) to make sure they're comfortable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment