Friday, October 27, 2017

whee! (and by whee, I mean ZOMFG)

So I've been head refereeing a lot at scrimmages lately.  It's getting easier - pack definition is coming more easily to me, and I'm able to throw the pack to the front IPR when I need to follow someone back, I feel more confident during Official Reviews, stuff like that.

Getting excited for River Valley Riot - we've gotten our crew assignments and mine is top-notch.  Staffing is being done a little bit differently - the static crews of 8 are divided in half, and for one game, half will be HR/IPR/JR/JR, the other half will be OPR/OPR/OPR/ALT, and then for the next game, they switch.  I really like that idea, because it means you're not tied down to one particular spot for a whole weekend (and the ALT responsibility is spread out more equally amongst the crew).

Then things quiet down.  Our league goes on break mid-December, and I'm not aware of any other games that are going on in December. 

Then 2018 shows up and the cycle begins anew.  I've already started filling in potential games and tournaments in my planner, and the first six months are already crammed with events. 

many of these weekends have multiple events

We had an officials' meeting earlier this week, and we were encouraged to share our goals for the next year, so here're mine:

  • HR a game (I've been told this will happen at least once)
  • Go to one of the "bigger" tournaments
  • Apply for certification, if it's open
  • do more NSOing
  • learn how to run the scoreboard
so yeah, that's the plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment