Monday, October 23, 2017

on tournamenting and 2018 and the future

a few of my official friends* have been talking on Facebook about tournaments and applying and not applying and taking breaks and otherelse** and whatnot.  Here's my 2¢†:

My personality type is that when I find something I love, I want to immerse myself in it 24/7.  I want to live, breathe, eat, sleep, BE that thing I love.  It happened on July 9, 2008 when I went to my first roller derby practice, it happened on October 16, 2014 when I put on stripes and went to my first scrimmage as a referee.

So I'm still in ZOMFG I LOVE OFFICIATING I WANT TO DO ALL THE TOURNAMENTS mode (for the most part, anyway).

Unfortunately, there are only so many tournaments I can do in a year.  While I only work until 2:30pm (which means I don't necessarily have to take a Friday afternoon off to go somewhere), I am the only support for my boss, which means that the work sits until I get back, and which also means he'll call me during the tournament with some emergency.

Plus all the tournaments are on the same weekend, it seems like.

-----------
*friends who are officials, not, like, THERE IS PAPERWORK TO SHOW THAT WE ARE OFFICIALLY FRIENDS

**I think I'm going to try and make this an actual word

† the code for "¢" is ALT + 155.  the code for "†" is ALT + 0134

   



No comments:

Post a Comment