Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Chaya skates review - an update

I really think now that my skates are just the wrong size.  My boots are a size 6, which is (per their website) 241mm.  My actual foot is closer to 251mm, which would put me in a 7 or 8. 

I've started with size 6 boots before, but they've been Riedell boots, with are all leather and stretch out to fit.  The Chayas are mostly carbon fiber and don't stretch.  At any rate, I've sent an e-mail to the company to see what they think.

On the other hand, I totally crank my toestops in waaaaaaaaay too high, which probably doesn't help.  You're supposed to fit three fingers under your back wheel when you're on your toestops, and I had four, easy.  I lowered them at practice last night (and rotated them, too - my left one was a good quarter-inch more worn down than the right) but I couldn't tell if that helped because my toes still hurt, what with them turning black (did I mention it's both now? wheeeeeee)

No comments:

Post a Comment