Tuesday, March 21, 2017

#72 and #73

First games of the home season went well!  Fell a few times (once when I was taken out by a skater, once when I just fell for no reason - guess which one gave me the bruise).  Made some calls.  Didn't die.

Sunday was an open scrimmage hosted by my league - I HRed the first half.  There was one point where one of the jammers must've thought that the jam was over, because left the track, taking off the star.  The jam actually ended shortly after that, and my thought process went something like hm, that was weird, he just sort of wandered off the track....which is a skating out of bounds penalty oh crap I have to go over and assign that to him.

I definitely have things to work on when doing inside pack stuff.  

Going to Toronto this weekend for another doubleheader (OPR an other game, JR a sanctioned) and then there's a scrimmage in Buffalo Sunday morning.  I can stay at my dad's on Saturday night, so I'll probably go to that.

When you're an official there's SO MUCH DERBY YOU CAN DO.


1 comment: