Friday, June 24, 2016

you are a strong individual and this is a learning experience

last night at scrimmage there were only two (eventually three) skating officials, so we forwent jam refs.  I was put as back IPR and told to concentrate solely on pack definition. 

I think I did ok; my "no packs" were a little short and I kept saying "pack is all" rather than "pack is here" after a no pack, but I *did* catch a split pack at one point, so yay me? 

The black team let us know ahead of time that there would be points where, for practice purposes, they would not field a jammer.  Unfortunately, one of the times they did that was when the white jammer was in the box, so Delay of Game for them!  I don't think I've ever had that penalty issued in a game yet, so that was exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment