Friday, June 3, 2016

time slogs onward, as is its wont

Front IPRing a bout tomorrow, my first time doing it in a non-scrimmage scenario.  Practiced it last night, I feel I did okay. I did my best not to look at the marks on the floor for calling people out of play.  I did do a COLOR / NUMBER / FAILURE TO REFORM - OR IS IT RETURN - SOMETHING LIKE THAT (that's literally what I said) at one point. (It was "reform".)

Our practice space was quite muggy. I can only imagine what it'll be like in a month or two.  Whee?

Saw the hand doctor about my hand. He doesn't think it's the cyst returning. IT MIGHT BE ARTHRITIS! WHEE!  Anyway, I got a (most likely very expensive) derby wrist guard type thing that I'm supposed to wear for a month and see if that helps it.  If it doesn't (which it hasn't been) then we do either physical therapy, get a steroid shot, or an MRI.

Getting old sucks.

My skates have been doing a lot better - I switched to thinner socks (these ones, in white) and got neoprene ankle sleeves.  I need to clean my wheels, though - the floor at Battle of Bunker Hill was craptastic (they'd had a CIRCUS there the week before). 


No comments:

Post a Comment