Friday, March 11, 2016

time marcheth onward

I felt much better after last night's practice.  Like I actually knew what I was doing!  Yaaaay!  We've had some warmer weather 'round these parts so the practice space was actually over 50 degrees, which was a nice change.  The floor was humid and slick and squeaky though.  A bunch of us fell when we usually don't.

Operation Skate Break-in is going along, slowly but surely.  I'm getting a bruise underneath my left big toenail, I think.  I've been working really hard on letting the skates do the turning, not my ankles, but old habits die hard.  (It's interesting because one of the other refs in our league who just got new skates is having the opposite problem - he went from high ankled boots to low ones.) 

Tomorrow is the St. Patrick's Day parade and (knock on wood) the weather looks sunny and mild and dry, so we'll be able to skate!  (It's been a few years since that's been an option.)

Our first home games are next Saturday - sanctioned and regulation - and I've been rostered for both of them.  Whee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment