Friday, January 29, 2016

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I got new wheels.  (Did I mention I was getting new wheels?  I'm getting new wheels.)  I forwent my beloved natural Radar Diamonds for a set of......

Red Radar Diamonds.

Our cold practice space means the track is unnaturally slick, so I went down a hardness.

Did I say "cold"?  I meant FREEZING ZOMFG WTF.  Last night the temperature was 39.6°.  IT WAS WARMER OUTSIDE. We're all in long underwear and gloves and ski masks. It's miserable.

On the plus side, I was told I made some great calls last night, so yay me.  Also had a situation where a jammer was trying to call it off but wasn't touching her hips (she was touching higher up on her torso).  The bench was like SHE'S CALLING IT OFF, QUEENIE, C'MON! but I was like SHE'S NOT TOUCHING HER HIPS I'M NOT GONNA CALL IT OFF UNTIL SHE DOES (I didn't say that, of course.) Then she *did* touch her hips....but only did it once.  In the words of the Star*Kist tuna commercials, sorry, Charlie.

1 comment:

  1. You did indeed make some great calls last night. One time in particular there was a quick cut your jammer made right in front of me, and at that instant I didn't know where you were, but then I heard you call it from right behind me, and I was impressed. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete