Thursday, October 29, 2015

like I said, not much going on

My birthday was on Tuesday; I'm 42 now, yay?  I'm now the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything.

It's been pretty quiet in refereedom; our league is hosting an open scrimmage in our new venue in a few weeks.  I was asked if I would be interested in head reffing. 

Y'all seen one of the most recent episodes of Doctor Who, "The Girl Who Died?"  When the Doctor decides to trust the definitely-not warrior-type Vikings with real swords, and then there's a Gilligan Cut to their town in flames? 

That's what me being HR would be like.  Only with more shrieking.

Anyway.  The league I help out with to the west posted its schedule not that long ago; they're doing a *lot* of games.  Hopefully I can bolster my resume and get some good potential references.

Yeah, references!  Tournaments!  I've applied for Siege of CNY and am contemplating applying for B Cup, which is in Indiana (about 9 hours away).

Gearing up to retake the referee certification test.  I have completely forgotten which questions I got wrong, but hopefully they will ring bells when I see them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment