Tuesday, October 13, 2015

doodle doodle dee, wubba wubba wubba

Now we enter the long dark tea-time of not really having any bouts to ref for a while.

In addition to retaking the certification rules test, I have to re-take the skating skills portion (as I didn't do as well on a few things as I usually do).  Unfortunately, this means re-taking the 10 laps part, and this time it would be on an entirely different surface than the last time.  I tried sprinting at last night's practice and got very OMG I AM GOING TO DRIFT AND DIE in some of the turns, so I may need to go to a slightly softer wheel, as much as I really don't want to because my wheels are perfect in every other respect.

I wish I could just cherry-pick pieces from all the different assessments that I've done (formal and informal).

Oh!  At scrimmage this past Thursday I was front IPR.  It's tough, water is wet, fire is hot, salt is salty.  I'd call someone out of play and then they'd immediately be back in play and it was a communication nightmare.  I'd also drift into the JR lane and have to step out of their way.  I'd also get caught up in a play that drifted towards the back of the pack and I'd have to stop and say NO YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON THE FRONT OF THE PACK 'CAUSE ALL THE STUFF THEY'RE DOING IS LEGAL AND IT'S NO LONGER YOUR JURISDICTION.



No comments:

Post a Comment