Monday, August 10, 2015

So, thus endeth my first season as a referee.

Mohawk Valley Cup this weekend was my first time watching men's derby. I don't know that I'd want to ref it - too many calls that are just thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis shy of being a penalty.  It would drive the second-guessing part of me crazy.  But it was cool to see my friends play.

Jam reffing in Cortland went well - got to work with refs I adore and haven't seen in a while - so it was a good way to end my first season of being a derby official.

Here are my stats, more for my own curiosity than anything else:

Refereeing:
  • Two sanctioned games (one alt, one OPR)
  • Seven regulation games (five OPR, two JR)
  • Fourteen "other" games (eight OPR, five JR, one alt)
NSOing:
  • Two sanctioned games (penalty box timer)
  • Two regulation games (one penalty tracking, one lineup tracking)
  • Two "other" games (one jam timing, one lineup tracking)
 Not bad, not bad at all.  Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment