Friday, January 9, 2015

and we start up again; yah!

Last night's practice was a league meeting followed by drills, so I didn't lace up. 

Why not?

a) I had a headache;
b) I'd forgotten that all my derby clothes are currently up in the (unheated) attic and it's been below freezing for the last eighteen months*

I am in the midst of slowly extracting myself from the various positions of authority I held last year.  I was on our league's Board of Directors as the WFTDA liaison, so I've been finishing up all that work (making sure everyone bought their WFTDA insurance, getting the new WFTDA liaison set up).  It will be strange, to be sure - being able to leave right after Thursday night practice and not have to go to a board meeting will be quite nice.

----------
*Well not really.  But it feels like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment