Thursday, December 12, 2019

hmmm

so apparently I need to only referee in very cold venues, because at Tuesday's practice I was nailing hockey stops like a motherfuckin' BOSS

my left toe (for those of you scoring at home, that's the one I was having issues with and had the sides of the nail removed) has started to bug me. I figure it's probably because I had the sides of that nail removed, and the sides are digging into the tender flesh of my toe that is supposed to be covered by nail.

I CAN'T WIN.

I haven't tried putting padding around that toe to see if that works.  That'll be my next step.

So, let's see.  In 2019, I refereed 64 games and NSOed 10.  I got new skates.  I officiated at WFTDA Playoffs.  I organized an officials' cheering section at Champs that a lot of people loved (and some people didn't love, but whatevs).  I was asked to be a co-THR for a tournament next year.  I was elected Head Referee for our league.

Not bad for a year's work.
My 2020 headshot, courtesy of Tim Buisman

No comments:

Post a Comment