Wednesday, September 11, 2019

I did it!

"Dreadfully Strong Coffee" was our crew name
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: officiated Playoffs!
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: officiated my 300th game!

ZOMFG that was a great weekend.  The games we got were SO GOOD.  We started with Santa Cruz/Paris (the one that broke 98% of the brackets) and it only got better from there.  Our crew was so tight; we picked up what was needed from each other and provided it instantly.  (We also had the most GIFable moments of the entire weekend.)

(Except for the part where I took myself out of our Saturday evening game because I'd gotten sick and was throwing up, like, twenty minutes before the game started.  That sucked.  But I went back to the hotel, took a shower and a nap, and two hours later I was much better.  I ended up having a wicked bad cold, but I can handle a wicked bad cold.)

---------
Usually I don't buy T-shirts from tournaments, but I made a few exceptions this time:

  • I bought a Rainy City Roller Derby shirt with the "Dead Inside" dog logo, because, well, that's me
  • I bought a 2x4 shirt because they were walking around the stands during the championship game to raise funds, and I was pretty drunk at that point
  • I bought a tournament T shirt because how else am I supposed to prove I was there?
  • PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR BIG SOPPY EPIPHANY MOMENT HERE:

All weekend I walked past the Strong Athletic booth.  For a long time I'd wanted to get a particular shirt of theirs, but told myself "that shirt applies to other people.  It doesn't apply to me."

Reader, after my last game of the tournament, I bought that shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment