Wednesday, May 1, 2019

in which stuff has happened

so last weekend was Beast of the East (a tournament for home teams of Canadian leagues) in Montreal.  I'd remembered that it was fun (I first went in 2017) but I'd forgotten that it was FUN.  20 minute games, two teams just going full-throttle the entire time?  Definitely FUN.

I got to HR two of the games - they went pretty well.  There were a few out-of-my-control hiccups (the projector stopped working mid-jam; a coach requested a time out at, like, 29.999999999 seconds before the whistle starting the last jam of the game [which ended as a tie and went into overtime]) but no one died and the THR said I did a good job, so that works for me.

I also got to try on some skates, and pretty much fell in love with the Bont Hybrids, in a size 4.5. Just snug enough that they'll stretch a tiny bit to feel wonderful.  (I do need to get the heel lock band thing, though.)  Hopefully I'll be able to order them in the next few weeks.)


No comments:

Post a Comment