Wednesday, September 13, 2017

now for a girly ref post

Normally in my life, I don't wear makeup.  Why would I spend five minutes applying it in the morning when I could spend those five minutes sleeping?  I mean srsly.  I have priorities.

Derby, though - that's an entirely different story.


When I played derby, sparkly eyeblack was my shtick.  I had green for our travel team and purple for our home team.   It's Ben Nye Aqua Glitter, and I bought it at a local costume store.  It was very drippy, from what I remember.

Nowdays....

(hm, I don't have a closeup picture of my ref makeup face.  Will have to rectify that.)

For eyeshadow, I use L'Oreal Infallible Liquid Eyeshadow.   I have Mistress Noir and BRB Blue.  (The latter gets a lot of compliments.)  

For eyeliner, I use Michael Kors Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Black that I got in a sample pack.  (I'm not about to spend $25 on an eyeliner.)  

For lipstick, as I think I've mentioned many times before, I have tried umpteen squillion brands before finally settling on Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid.  I have Voyager and Romantic and just bought Creator last night.

All of these last well through a game of officiating.  The lipstick wears out a bit because I keep my whistle in my mouth, but I can touch it up at halftime and all is well.

Anyway, that's my girly ref post.

No comments:

Post a Comment