Wednesday, April 6, 2016

in my spare time

when I am not refereeing, or sleeping, or working, or knitting....

I have a Silhouette Curio, which is an amazing machine that can do all sorts of neato stuff.  Probably most derby-centric is that I can cut heat transfer vinyl into any shape I want, which leads to me having cool nameplates:

 
It's an all caps font, but the lowercase and uppercase are different, so I can have two different "E"s and "K"s
right now, this is my favorite. weeding it [removing all the excess material] was a bitch though.
a nice legible but fancy font
this one may be a little too fancy.  the lettering is white; the lack of a flash makes it look off-white



same deal with this one.  The lettering on this is a little too thin; it also went through the wash and got ripply

my original ref jersey.  It had "Queenie" in white lettering on a black vinyl patch, but the letters peeled off.  Since I did this, the very left part of the "Q" has come off. 

This one is before application to the fabric.  A more formal nameplate.











No comments:

Post a Comment