Wednesday, April 15, 2015

miscellany

Monday the weather was absolutely beautiful here, so I decided I was going to clean my bearings because they were so horrendously filthy.

Oh hey let me take them completely apart because I know how to put them back together!

Oh hey I'm just gonna buy a whole new set of bearings because trying to put them back together really sucks!

Next anecdote takes a little bit of backstory: we have a skater whose brother is a referee, and their mother also videotapes (videotapes?  what, is this 1993?) records our bouts.  She recorded Saturday's bout, and the ref and his sister were watching it.  Apparently there were a lot of things not called, and at one point the jammer cut the track, and the ref's sister was like "Dammit, why did Queenie have to be there?!?!?" (because I called the cut).  So that made me feel useful.

No word yet on what I'll be doing for the home teams bout on Sunday.  At least I know I won't be HR.

No comments:

Post a Comment